Estate comprises some 3750 acres of parkland, forestry, farmland
and hill. Historically the Estate has been agriculturally
orientated, centered around six farms; of these, five lie
on carse ground reclaimed by draining during the 18th Century
and the other a hill farm on the Touch Hills.
of the fabric and landscape of the estate remains the same
as it was in the 18th century. Many of the buildings and nearly
all of the hedge lines, field boundaries, woodland and parkland,
illustrated in estate maps of 1797 and 1810 remain unchanged.
however, as all sectors of agriculture have declined, the
Estate has had to move and change with the times. Over the
past two years, many of the houses and cottages have been
renovated to a high standard and are now available to let.
The conversion of the 'A' listed Stable Block from a semi
dilapidated condition to modern offices has been a commercial
success as well as a significant historic and architectural
achievement. Touch House has been a rewarding venue for corporate
seminars, training sessions, weddings and many charity events.
hope that this reorientation will allow us to look after the
estate to a high standard and continue with a programme of
inward investment to preserve and maintain its historic fabric;
most notably, Touch House.
Touch House remains a much loved family home, the house and
Gardens do open to the public for a variety of events through
the year. Dates and events change annually, but we are nearly
always open for doors open day, usually scheduled for the
first week in September.